When working as a Virtual Assistant, the different online and digital tools that you use are really important. You make use of various different tools and you depend on them a lot as well, to make your work environment better and easier. I use quite a few myself, I depend on them to help me get my work done. If I think back, to before I started working as a VA, I did not even know about 20% of the online tools that are out there. And I still come across many that are new to me.
If I can name and compare two of these tools, it would be Miro and Smartsheet. If you look at the general opinion of users on the internet, it seems like Miro is a bit more popular than Smartsheet.
Let’s look at a few pro’s and con’s of these two tools.
Miro is a whiteboard platform where the whole team can come together simultaneously on the same ‘page’ and work on one project at the same time. It is an online, visual collaboration white boarding platform to create, collaborate, and centralize communication across your company on a single online whiteboard.
“It enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from brainstorming with digital sticky notes to planning and managing agile workflows.”
- The team can add spreadsheets and start discussions while they are working.
- Just like sitting around the table in a virtual boardroom, the app is really easy to use.
- You can use different apps, like Dropbox and Google drive directly from within the Miro platform,
- Can sign up for free, it is more cost effective
I was not able to find a lot of con’s, which gives me an overall good impression of Miro.
- The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization
- Nothing comes to mind, if there was one thing it would be that the export viewport thing is a bit hard to get
It is a cloud based platform, that enables teams and organisations to plan, capture, manage and automate and report on work.
- Reporting is another important capability of Smartsheet. The reports of the software are very flexible and can be focused on the tasks per member, such as overdue tasks, and others.
- Smartsheet has a good file storage system. You are able to store files without leaving the app to access another app.
- Team members can collaborate and report on what they are working on in real-time, manage their tasks, and automate their workflows.
- It is pricey
- There is a lack of a time tracking feature
- There is a lack of a practical activity stream
When you are looking for an online tool to use, the best option would be to do your research first, before choosing one. There are so many out there, and they all have really good features and benefits. Look at a few and decide on the one that would work the best for the specific needs you have.
These tools make our lives so much easier!