Virtual Assistants – the new best thing for Executive Assistants!
I am writing this blog to you, the Executive Assistant, to let you know you are not alone. I was also an Executive Assistant and I know exactly how your day goes.
Every day you face stress, a heavy workload, not much leave, working late hours, no lunch breaks, angry bosses, too many meetings, work that doesn’t get finished. And you just wish you could “clone” yourself and have a 2nd hand to help you. But you can, and with no magic potion.
She is called a Virtual Assistant! Help is at hand! So now you may ask, what is a Virtual Assistant?
“A Virtual Assistant or VA is generally self-employed and provides professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients remotely. Because Virtual Assistants are independent contractors rather than employees, clients are not responsible for any employee-related taxes, insurance or benefits, except in the context that those indirect expenses are included in the VA’s fees. Clients also avoid the logistical problem of providing extra office space, equipment or supplies.” Wikipedia extract.
Virtual Assistants do not replace a Personal or Executive Assistant, they are only there to assist the Assistant with her daily tasks. Virtual Assistants come from a variety of business backgrounds, but most have several years experience earned in the “real” (non-virtual) business world.
A dedicated Virtual Assistant is someone working in the office under the management of a company. The facility and internet connection as well as training are provided by the company.
How can this Virtual Assistant be of help for me, you may wonder?
- When you have a lot of meetings and still need to type the minutes and also need other documentation typed, email your VA and she will help you type away
- When you know you need to update your contact list, but can’t get to it, contact your VA and she will help you out
- When you need someone to proof read your letters, memo’s or minutes, your VA can help you with all that
- When you quickly need to slip out to fetch something, just give your VA a call and she will stand in for you for those few minutes
- If you desperately need a few days off, just to recharge, contact your VA, and she will help out those few days, while you can relax and not stress about the work
- When you sick, and you know you can’t take sick leave, because you have too much work, phone your VA, and she will stand in for you, while you rest at home and get better, and so much more……..
Technology grows by the minute, and we need to stay ahead at all times. Virtual Assistants are the new technology, it’s the new best thing.
Do you have a Virtual Assistant who can help you with all your daily tasks? If not, I would advise you to consider one. She will be the best thing you will ever had.