Declutter your office and home before this December holidays
“Three Rules of Work : out of clutter find simplicity; from discord find harmony; in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
When your office or home is filled with clutter, trying to tackle a mountain of stuff can be quite overwhelming.
If you’re too disorganized, everything competes for your attention and makes it hard to work or move.
I recommend starting with 5 minutes a day. This is an excellent way to start making sense of the clutter.
Here are a few tips to help you get going for your office:
- Designate a spot for incoming papers
- Start clearing a starting zone
- Learn to file quickly
- Toss, sort and shred
- Sweep up your computer desktop
For your home here’s a few pointers:
- Get started by going room by room
- Schedule declutter sessions
- Don’t buy anything unless you know where you will put it
- Try to follow the “one in, one out” rule
- The Four-Box method : trash, give away, keep or relocate
Don’t worry, if all of this seems to be overwhelming, why not contact us and we’ll send a highly experienced assistant to help declutter your life.
Our team is savvy and practical, and will help you sort out your office or home in no time at all!