First of all we have to understand what motivation is. It’s a reason for acting in a particular way something that pushes us to do things that we believe we can’t do or goals that looks hard to achieve.
Most times when we want to accomplish a goal we need a willingness to help us improve our habits and get results. This is where motivation counts.
So what does motivation mean? It means finding drive and direction from within. It means finding an activity that keeps you engaged and putting effort into it. People who are motivated desire to do things, they desire to make a difference rather than sit and wait for things to happen.
Knowing how to stay motivated can be tough sometimes. Often people say that we are procrastinating or not getting the outcomes that we want. We might even have had some misfortune and our motivation levels drop. With all the things that demand out attention, it can be difficult to stay motivated or focused to achieve the outcome that we are working towards.
Do things that will keep you motivated and make this a priority in your life. You must motivate yourself every day and find things in your life that will allow you to get to the place that you want to be in.
Simple tips on how to increase motivation
- Remember to be clear on your outcome and to focus on what that will mean to you once you achieve it.
- When you don’t feel like doing what needs to be done, “Just do it.” You will feel better once you have ticked off that box.
- Reframe negative self-talk and thoughts.
- Celebrate yourself along the way.
- Use positive empowering language
- Smile and be happy. There is a feedback loop, which basically means, your mood will follow what you are doing with your face.
- Tackle challenges in bite sized chunks.
- Take joy in what you do. “If you enjoy what you do, you never have to work a single day in your life.”
- Learn to meditate. Meditation can be as simple as smelling the roses, feeling the wind on your face, experiencing compassion, or simply being.
- Do things that are in line with your values and build you as a person.
- Tackle the task in manageable size pieces that build on success, competence and confidence.
- Be prepared to step outside your comfort zone. Growth only happens on the other side. Before you know it, things you never thought you could do will become possible.
- Make motivation a new habit, your new best friend.
Starting out can be tough, but with discipline and consistency you will eventually reach a point where staying motivated only requires minimal daily maintenance, learning to make the right choices at the right time.
Staying motivated is first and foremost in finding your purpose to achieve your goals. Be sure to have clearly laid out plans and you will be well on your way to creating achievable goals to keep you motivated throughout the year.
Motivation is a deliberate state of mind. We can choose to be motivated and our actions can help us to stay motivated.