The world of a Virtual Assistant in a nutshell.
The word virtual is for some still a very new concept, when I say virtual I mean things like the cloud, CRM applications, video calls etc. Most of us are still very much use to using a year diary to write in all appointments, arranging meetings face to face, traveling to those meetings.
Luckily most business owners has assistant to do these things for them. Business owners hire assistant because they do not have the extra time to focus on administrative tasks such as;
- Email Management
- Scheduling appointments / calendar management
- Following up with clients/customers (sending thank you and other reminder emails)
- Receptionist duties (answering occasional calls)
- File Management
- Personal errands (purchasing gifts for loved ones / family members online)
- Taking down minutes of meetings
- Creating basic reports (reports on weekly tasks, deliverables, and sales) … and so the very long list of task.
Virtual Assistant can do almost anything for you that an “in-house assistant” can do. The best part is that we can do tasks and projects from anywhere, anytime and we can do almost anything, we could even be in a different country and still be able to do the tasks/projects. Here is a list of a few tasks/projects a virtual assistant can do in my experience;
Administrative task / blogging
- Meeting Minutes
- Report Creation
- Forms Creation
- Document Template Creation
- Managing Blog ; writing, publishing etc.
- Receptionist duties
- Client Invoices
- Basic Bookkeeping (MYOB, XERO & Quickbooks)
- Personal Errands (Purchasing Gifts Online, etc.)
- Project Management & Training Tasks
- Research and public relations
- Creating briefing document
- Research on product / company rivals
- Market value reports
Scheduling, email management and correspondence – basic assistant task.
- Filtering Emails / Managing Spam
- Database Building / Updating Contacts or CRM
- Answering Customer Service Emails and Calls
- Calendar Management
- Appointment Scheduling Travel Arrangement and Planning
- Reminder Services
Organizational task / filling
- Dropbox / Google Drive Organization
- Data Entry
- Creating / Managing Spreadsheets
- Preparing PowerPoint / keynote Presentations
- PDF Conversion, Splitting and Merging
Financial / Bookkeeping
- Managing payments
- Managing accounting applications such as QuickBooks / Sage Online etc.
If you combine, what a Virtual Assistant can do and what a “in-house assistant” can do, they are a lot similar.