A Truly Inspirational Woman That I Admire
There are so many amazing and inspiring Woman across the globe, who I respect and look up to as Mentors and Leaders – making this month’s blog a bit more challenging!
I suppose everyone has a different set of ‘values’ and that determines, possibly, who you follow. By follow, I mean, whose teaching you sit under, whose advice you apply and Leadership you model after. I must say that I look at the Whole of the person’s life, not just their professional life but more so their personal lives. I firmly believe that you get to truly know a person, when you see how those closet to them (e.g. Spouse and Children) relate and interact with them. We good at professional lives, because we’ve been trained to fit a certain model – do or die. But it’s in the intimacy of personal relationship that the real you comes out and especially more so, when one’s personal life can also be a bit challenging – but hey – that’s only what I believe.
Another thought I had as I was thinking about these amazing Woman, and who I could blog about, was there leadership style. You want a Leader whose life will cause you to want to follow them.
Woman in Leadership
Many Woman in Leadership positions today, sadly to say, are power hungry and lead in a dictator type of way.
It was by pure accident that I came across the Woman, I am about to mention below. I was driving in my car one morning on my way to work and this Lady came on the radio and started speaking. Well she was loud and confident but everything she said, resonated truth within me. When I got to the office, I immediately made a note (not much google then), to look up. You say, it was love at first hearing and below is an insert on a bio write up on her, sadly the name of the author was missing.
If you have ever watched ‘Enjoying Everyday Life’, a Joyce Meyer Ministries programme, you would have gotten to see and hear the ever so direct and confident Joyce Meyer. Her teachings are mind changing and heart searching. She just makes so much sense when she speaks, it’s as if she’s living your life, every day. You would think she’s perfect – but she quite assuredly tells you that she’s flawed but she’s living life to the fullest in an overcoming way. You can marvel at that when you know her past.
A charismatic speaker and author
One would have often wondered how a victim of sexual and emotional abuse can talk so assuredly. Well She tells you, its all about God’s grace, His plans and His love. Joyce Meyer is definitely ‘blessed’. A charismatic Christian speaker and author, Meyer went through a great deal of turmoil in her early life but rose to build one of the world’s largest Christian ministries in the world. Her books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration in Jesus Christ and her programme commits at redeeming the words of Jesus Christ by helping people inculcate them in their life. She claims that it was God’s words that helped upturn her doomed life.
She serves as a practical teacher, sharing her experiences and testimony and her life-changing message. Because her life had changed – she longs to see that same change in others and she continues in her effort to help others redeem their life.
- Through Joyce Meyer Ministries, she teaches on a number of topics focussing on mind, mood, mouth and attitude. What has made her Show irresistible, is the fact that she candidly communicates about her experiences and her learning and inspires viewers to learn from them and apply the same in their life. Her practical approach to Bible is quite unique and ground-breaking.
- Over the years, she has authored nearly 100 books, which have been translated in more than 100 languages and have catered to about 12 million readers. The extensive demand of the books and super successful response from readers and critics has led her to become one of the New York Times bestselling authors.
- In addition to hosting a television ministry and writing books, Joyce conducts several domestic and international conferences every year that motivate people to start enjoying their everyday life. Her annual women conference has been quite a big hit, amassing more than 200,000 women from across the globe per year.
- Joyce claims that it is through her teachings that she aims at meeting the needs of the suffering and make people reach out to the Gospel in a practical way. For the same she commenced Hand of Hope, a foundation that serves as the mission arm of Joyce Meyer Ministries. It runs several programs, providing food, medical care and disaster relief supplies.
- In 2000, she co-founded the St Louis Dream Center along with her husband, Dave (you want to hear his story of how he decided to marry Joyce – unique!). The Center aims at serving the inner city through hands-on program that are targeted at treating the needy, lost and hurt through the love of Christ.
Inspirational Joyce quotes
Some of Joyce’s quotes that have really inspired me over the years:
“You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.”
“Character is doing what you don’t want to do but know you should do.”
“Happiness is not a feeling, it is a choice. To be happy, one must choose to be happy, not respond to a circumstance that now controls your happiness.”
“Courage is fear that has said its prayers and decided to go forward anyway.”