Securely sharing Passwords with your Virtual Assistant
There will come a time to share passwords with your Virtual Assistant. Yikes, I know! We’re all very aware of security measures when it comes to this kind of thing and we certainly don’t want to make any part of our business vulnerable.
The great news is there is a fantastic tool called LastPass! This nifty little app will not only make your life easier, but also give you the reassurance you’re looking for.
With LastPass you can share login details without ever sharing the actual password. If you want to you can provide the password through LastPass, however, there is no need to do that.
Let’s take you through a brief overview on how to do this.
How to use LastPass
- Go to LastPass and download
- Create an Account
- Then go to your browser, click on the LastPass icon and select your Vault
- Select the “Share” icon next to the website that you want to share
- When you hover over the site link in your vault you will see 3 icons, select the people icon, this is to share
- Enter your Virtual Assistant’s email address and request to share
- Your Virtual Assistant will get the notification and then she’ll be able to access that website without ever having seen the Password!
This is a quick walk through on how to share a password via LastPass. LastPass will also prompt you automatically to save information for any website where you’ve entered. Your Virtual Assistant will never see your data.
You can also upgrade your LastPass account to Premium so that you can sync across all your devices. If you still feel you require further instructions LastPass conveniently offers a User Manual on their website.
The key thing to remember is that LastPass is convenient, safe and reliable. Now you can safely share passwords with your Virtual Assistant. She can get on with your tasks and you can get on with life!