Why choosing a Virtual Assistant over In-house support will make you money
I believe one of the biggest reasons why many entrepreneurs struggle with their businesses, are because they have too many smaller tasks to do and they do not get the opportunity to focus on the bigger tasks.
Of course hiring an Assistant is also not that easy. An In-house Employee costs you more than their salary. You have to train them more frequently, pay for their insurance, UIF, etc. You need to pay them for a full day, even if the work took only 3 hours, you need to pay for office space and office equipment. You also need to ensure that the person has reliable transport, you do not want to hear every now and then the bus broke, or her/his car broke down, etc. You need to spend more time with interviewing as this person needs to match your personality, as you will be spending a lot of time with them in the office.
The good news is that hiring a Virtual Assistant you do not need any of those above and you save loads of money.
VA Connect for example has two options:
- Retainer package
- Per Hour package (this is a great option if you want to test us out before committing)
Both of these packages can fit each individual entrepreneur’s requirements and what will actually work for your organization.
(For more details on VA Connect pricing visit our website; https://vaconnect.co.za/pricing/)
18 Tasks in which a Virtual Assistant can assist… 18 Reasons why to hire a VA
- Calendar Management
- Database Building / Updating Contacts or CRM
- Appointment Scheduling
- Travel Arrangement and Planning
- Managing Emails / Customer service
- Data Entry (Inc. creating of spreadsheet etc.)
- Taking care of ALL paperwork
- Basic tax services
- Assist with Recruitment
- Transcribe Audio
- Update database such as CRM
- Managing website (Inc. website orders, queries)
- Bookkeeping (Inc. invoicing, receiving and managing payments)
- Writing – blog post, newsletter, marketing emails, articles
- Public relations
- Research (Inc. competitors, products, potential customers, etc.)
- Prepare financial and business reports
- Human resource task (Resolve complaints, give warnings, creating employee contracts)
I have only mentioned a few things that a VA can do for you. A Virtual Assistant can do almost do everything an In-house Employee can do. Except maybe;
- Literally “run” errands, but we can arrange for errands to be done
- Meet with employees or clients personally, however, we can do it virtually via Skype, Zoom, or Google Hangouts.
I cannot think of anything else that a VA cannot do. We might not be able be there in person, but that does not mean we are not there. New technology, which continues to develop, allows anyone to do most things remotely via computer and cellphone.
You do not need to be “tech-smart” to hire a Virtual Assistant; all you need is a computer or a phone to delicate the tasks to your VA and let them do the rest.
So why should you not hire a Virtual Assistant?